Skip to content
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs, room temp
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 8-inch round pans.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and beat with electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Add vanilla, then the eggs ones at a time, mixing with each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add this to the butter mixture in 2 additions, alternating with the sour cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.