Double this recipe to make two 8-inch cakes.
- 2 cups bleached cake flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda & powder.
- In a food processor, process the strawberries into a powder. Add to the dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine water, butter, oil, extract, and lemon juice. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. *Do not overmix.* *Do not use an electric mixer.* Use a big spoon and stir slowly until ingredients are well-combined.
[For Cupcakes] Fill 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes.
[For 8-inch Cake] Grease and flour pan. Bake 30-35 minutes