Credit: The New York Times
- 2 cups/255 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup/30 grams cornstarch
- 1/4 cup/50 grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup melted unsalted butter
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8- or 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, granulated sugar, and salt.
- Stir in melted butter and mix until saturated.
- Press dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until top is golden.
- After removing from oven, immediately sprinkle with liberal amount of powdered sugar.
- Using a butter knife, slice into squares while still hot in the pan.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.