- 2 cups/190g all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup/85g unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups/398g granulated sugar
- 1 cup/200g vegetable oil
- 1 cup/8oz hot coffee
- 1 cup/242g whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325F. in a large mixing bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add oil, coffee and milk; mix at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 2 more minutes. Expect the batter to be thin.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 9×13 pan or two 8-inch round pans. Bake the 9×13-inch pan for 40 minutes. If using the two 8-inch round pans, check them at 30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack.